September 9, 2016

Welcome to Paris

Having kids enrolled at an International school means not only bidding your farewells to friends every year at the end of June but you also get to meet all kinds of wonderful new families that arrive at the beginning of the school year every September.

As a personal tradition I have taken on the organization of a Welcome morning sharing useful information and some fun anecdotes about life in Paris to make new parents feel more at ease with their surroundings. Many of them don't speak French and feel far out of their comfort zone.

Every year I line up various speakers who offer their advice and practical tips on how to overcome what seem like huge hurdles but are much less intimidating once you know what you are dealing with and how the system works... because there is a system to the madness!

I could happily sit back and carry on my little routine given that we are now into our sixth year in Paris but I like stepping out and offering my help and expertise. I am a curious person. I like to meet new people, discover unknown places, travel to foreign countries and learn a new language. But since it does not look like we will be moving anywhere soon; if the world does not come to me I need to go to the world!

So, bienvenue newcomers and welcome to Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...