September 21, 2016

A pleasant surprise

Stuck behind my computer for the past couple of days, today, I decided to take myself down to the world-renowned Galeries Lafayette and Printemps department stores to have a peak at their home collections.

Nothing new on the horizon one would have thought. However... most of the Galeries Lafayette store windows where covered with a black curtain and the pavement running along this luxury icon was a sorry and rather dirty site.

I carried on to Printemps next door which looked much more upbeat. It's luxury division on the ground floor was bustling with Asian clients and the food hall was full of guzzling gourmets.

Turns out Printemps is undergoing a major facelift which left me with no other option than to take the escalators to the top floor... and boy, am I glad I did!

Who knew Printemps had such a spectacular terrace. A perfect place for lunch with a view.


Legendary French fashion house 


Rather deserted looking window displays


Galeries Lafayette's food hall delights


Fresh produce at exuberant prices


Climbing to the top of Printemps


It is so worth the effort!


A spectacular September day in Paris


Looking onto the church of La Madeleine on one side...


... and the church of Sacre Coeur on the other.


The church of St. Augustin with La Defense in the background.

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    My name is Joyce, I am a marketing executive at expatfinder.com which is a leading expat information and services website.

    I saw on your blog that you are and expat. I wish to interview you to further share some of your tips. The questions are mainly about the housing, the daily life etc.
     
    It just takes 5 minutes (or more depending if you have lots to say :)
     
    Of course, if you accept we can add a link to your blog or some of your website. 
    If you are interested to participate at this project, please send me an email at interview@expatfinder.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...