January 11, 2016

Definitions rather than resolutions

It has been a very slow start to the new year, so slow that we are still trying to get over our jet-lag from a week ago (!!!), I have not downloaded our holiday photos yet and as you can see my first blog post of the year is today.

Over the holidays, floating in the warm Caribbean Sea with the kids, we talked about New Years's resolutions. I'll let you in on a secret: I have given up on making resolutions years ago but I think it is good for the kids to have some long-term goals (in their eyes) to focus on over the next 12 months!

Expat boy decided to stop drinking fizzy sodas at least until Easter. Expat girl is determined to recycle more. Hubby needs to learn to relax but we all know that's not going to happen! Finally, it was my turn: be more patient and not gain any weight were my impromptu resolutions.

Back home behind my desk I have just had a brainwave and decided that 2016 will be my year of definitions. I have been blogging since 2010 but still don't dare to call myself a blogger, my family refuses to go on tours with me because I take sooo many pictures yet I'm not a photographer, friends appreciate my advice and positive attitude but I don't make a business out of it and I still consider myself an Expat even though I've been living in Paris for five years now.

As of today, I am a blogger, a photographer, a life coach and an Expat. Next time someone asks me what is it I do I will answer: " I am a blogger, a photographer, a life coach and an Expat." Let me just repeat that to myself once more: I am a blogger, a photographer, a life coach and an Expat!

So? What are you?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...