September 19, 2013

Architectural inspiration

So, I might have missed the Designer Week but I did manage to take myself down to L’Enclos des Bernardins in the 5th arrondissement where the renowned magazine AD had invited 15 deco stars to work around the theme: Metamorphosis. In this charming seventeenth century "hotel particulier" (townhouse) also known under the name of Hotel Miramion, the designers revealed their exclusive achievements and transformed it into a contemporary living space.


I wondered from an sumptuous courtyard straight into an enchanted office signed by Maria Pergay (83 years of age) for Fendi. I marched through a dining room with animal accents designed by François-Joseph Graf and let my imagination roll under an interior marquis-style tent titled "Le Déjeuner sur l'herbe" designed by Alberto Pinto (who decorated the private quarters in the Elysee Palace for the President Jacques Chirac). I discovered an interpretation of the Little Prince by Vincent Darre, a bird chair by Hubert de Malherbe, a kitchen-living room with amazing volumes by Charles Zana, and an entire room screened with paravents by the duo Gilles & Boissier.

The most impressive piece of art was the sculpture created by Arik Levy composed of 27 pieces and weighing over a ton set in an oasis of a white contemporary garden landscape.

After my stimulating stroll through these stylish chambers, I am now full of new ideas for my dream house. We are after all in Paris, a city where everything is possible... in your dreams!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...