June 6, 2013

Dear Mona...

When I first arrived to Paris two years ago, I was introduced to an enthousistic lady with a big smile at the school's Welcome Workshop. Meet Ms. Paris Tours! I was told that even though her kids had graduated from school, she still liked to hang out with the PTA (Parent-Teacher Association). Boy, "hanging out" was the understatement of the year ...

Little did I know that this organized Dutch lady with a character - who offered tours for parents while the kids where at school - would mark my life in Paris significantly. The eternal explorer in me signed up immediately for my first tour which lead us through the area of Montmartre. When I discovered "La Maison Rose" at the end of the tour I knew that this was what I wanted to be doing for the rest of my stay in Paris. Discover the secret corners of city of lights!


I have been on various chocolate tours, a Seine cruise, a luxury fashion expedition and a guided visit through the Louvre. A journey around the Bastille area, an excursion through the Marais, an Angel safari, a discovery of La Sainte Chapelle and rendering homage to Napoleon's tomb are just a few events I enjoyed. I lost my heart to the treasures of the Cognacq-Jay museum and the Musée d'Orsay. All are unique moments in my memory.

The lovely Ms Paris Tours comes injured, sick, at -7C, twice a month, every month. She keeps track of all the RSVPs and checks attendance on her spreadsheet. She sends out reminders to those who've forgotten to pay or to sign their check... it's a lot of work! She loves sharing Paris with others.

Thank you for inspiring me to start exploring Paris on my own account and discovering a passion for uncovering the new and unrevealed. Thank you for always taking care of us, for going the extra mile to make us comfortable. Thank you for making sure we are happy which in return makes you happy!
















2 comments:

  1. I would love a chance to live and explore Paris. So much to see. so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Audey Hepburn once said: "Paris is always a good idea." ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...