May 22, 2013

Travelling homewards...

“I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.”
Robert Louis Stevenson

Travelling is my favourite pastime. Travelling with kids is even more fun. You need to come up with an alternative programme as well as visiting museums and exhbitions. Planning trips with my kids makes me research that extra step further. Anything from swimming with dolphins to touring a city on a bike are activites that I would not have thought of if it weren't for my kids.

This month has been fun. We travelled through Switzerland and then took off to Norway in search of the sun. We travelled to Lugano first to visit friends and just feel a wee bit of comfy homecoming. We were certainly welcomed as if we were locals. Those four and a half years living in Ticino marked our local community as much as it did us, I dare say.

We went from pouring rain (which we of course had imported from Paris according to our friends) to splendid sunshine that called for a serious hike up Lugano's trademark Monte Bré.

Here are just a few impressions:


A rainy day along the Lugano lake


No passengers today


La Collina d'oro


A soccer field with a view


Walking on the wild side


Ontop of the Monte Bré


The view onto Melide bridge and Monte San Salvatore


View onto Lugano from Monte Bré


Washing tub "al naturale"


Looking towards Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...