October 11, 2012

Slightly sidetracked...

One of my absolute favourite spots is the fabric market at Pigalle. Located at the base of the stairs to the Sacré Coeur in Montmarte, Paris’ largest textile market never ceases to delight budding couturiers and homemade seamstresses including myself. The market quartier includes the largest and oldest department store Le Marché Saint Pierre.


It is worth a visit if only for its impressive building and the fantastic view onto the Sacre Coeur from their 5th floor.












However.... to get there you must walk along the Boulevard de Rochechouart. Admittedly, the Tati department store is not recommendable but the shoe stores along the boulevard are to die for. Not great quality but absolutely fabulous shoes for one season.


Forever the shoe goddess (only my family knows how many pairs I really posess)! I cannot - just CANNOT - walk past those stores without having a peak. This time my mind was blown away: from sexy high-heeled red boots to golden funky pailette platforms they had it all. The selection of pink boots were extremely tempting..but then again...I'm in Paris...that would be an absolute fashion faux pas.  I'm thinking: "I can always wear them in Madrid or Lugano and pass them off as the latest trend?!?"


I am resisting the urge. I am resisting BIG TIME! If I start to shop I will not leave without AT LEAST 10 pairs of shoes. At Euro 29.- a pair who can say no?

But then again I DID come to buy material, after all. I decided to move along swiftly and am very proud of myself!










1 comment:

  1. oooh, want. WANTWANTWANTWANTWANT! I could easily get a few pairs myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...