September 17, 2012

The longest queue ever...

The plan was to visit the Elysée Palace, home to the French president. I biked down to the 8th arrondisement to find the longest queue I have ever seen. It weaved it's way all the way to Place de la Concorde. I kindly asked the people standing at the front of the line how long they had waited; six hours was their answer. Six hours just to see the inside of the sumptuous Elysee Palace which has been the official residence of the Presidents of the Republic since 1874. French people are already familiar with part of the palace that has appeared on television as part of news reports: heads of state are welcomed in the entrance hall, while the traditional July 14th reception is held in the gardens ... therefore ... I will keep moving on swiftly!






I quickly changed my mind and took myself for a nice bikeride along the Seine to enjoy a wonderful sunny aftenoon.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...