April 12, 2012

A three-year family plan

“When planning for a year, plant corn. When planning for a decade, plant trees. When planning for life, train and educate people.”
Chinese Proverb

So I am Swiss and I am organized but it never even crossed my mind to concuct a five year plan until I stumbled across a post by Simple Mom blog.


Sitting in a lounge waiting to travel from Paris to Geneva this past Easter weekend, I presented my loved ones with a blank sheet of paper and told them we were about to play a new game: the 3-year plan. My kids of course had no clue what I was talking about while my husband was half-way through his task before the rest of us even started! He loves strategic planning.

What do you think your kids would come up with?

Well, after having diligently poured thought into the matter - individually - we compared notes. We all agreed that 2014 would be a good year to move. A true expat family we are!!!!

We also all agreed we needed to keep up sports in our everyday lifestyle.

Expat boy and I put a trip to Argentina into our plan... He was born there!

Expat girl and I coincided that moving to Brazil would be cool and my hubby and I had the same idea about throwing a huge big party in 2 or 3 years time inviting everybody that had come to our wedding 14 years ago.

Expat boy decided he needed a summer job at age 16 and Expat girl was speaking 5 languages and would become a popstar by 2014.

Way to go kids! Tell me, how would your family's three-year plan look like?


Expat Girl 3-year plan


Expat Boy 4-year plan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...